The Qatar Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’ and Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation ‘Kahramaa’ will cooperate with each other in coordination with the concerned state authorities to implement projects that provide facilities and infrastructure for citizens across the country.
Ashghal and Kahramaa held a joint press conference to announce this partnership under the guidance of HE Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Rumaihi, Qatari Minister of Municipality and Environment, according to a posting on the Ashghal official website.
Also in attendance were the president of the Public Works Authority, Dr. Eng. Saad bin Ahmed Al Muhannadi, and Eng. Essa bin Hilal Al-Kuwari, president of Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation “Kahramaa”, during which a plan was presented about the delivery of infrastructure projects for citizens’ sub-divisions over a period of five years.
At the press conference, Eng. Saoud Al Tamimi, director of Roads Projects Department in Ashghal, presented information about the work plan of infrastructure projects and delivery schedule.
Facilities and infrastructure will be provided to sub-divisions that will be distributed to citizens, through opening for tender infrastructure projects for 10,400 land plot over the next three years, to be completed in five years.
During 2017, infrastructure of Al Wukair North and Al Mashaf West areas will be completed, which will serve 1829 land plots. In 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, infrastructure facilities will be completed to serve 1303, 2511, 2487 and 2270 land plots respectively.
Infrastructure of those sub-divisions will be implemented through 13 projects in the following areas:
1. Al Mashaf West (Package 3) – 1186 land plot
2. Al Wukair North – 643 land plot
3. West of Abu Hamour / Ain Khalid – 255 land plot
4. South of Al Sheehaniya – 280 land plot
5. West of Umm Slal – 216 land plot
6. Rawdat Egdaim and Izghawa – 592 land plot
7. North of Al Nassiriya – 461 land plot
8. Al Froosh / Al Kharaitiyat – 619 land plot
9. Al Kheesa – 197 land plot
10. West of Al Khor / Al Edga – 679 land plot
11. West and South of Smeisma – 1122 land plot
12. Al Wukair South – 3508 land plot
13. Rawdat Al Jihaniya – 637 land plot
The press conference was followed by a site visit to the Roads and Infrastructure for Citizens Sub-Divisions in Al Mashaf West project, to review the completed and current works on the ground. Ashghal is expected to deliver this project in 2017, in addition to delivering the Roads and Infrastructure for Citizens Sub-Divisions in Al Wukair North project, which together include 1829 land plots.