As hydrographic data gains more importance in marine exploitation activities and ocean protection initiatives, GCC governments are investing significantly in advanced technology for data integration, management and access.
In June 2015, Abu Dhabi completed a satellite-based habitat mapping project worth millions of dollars. With Dubai’s Expo 2020 win, substantial investments have been made to increase the Emirate’s coastline. Kuwait has signed a partnership for marine data collection to support sustainable marine management in the state’s coastal waters. The latest marine technology implementation is taking place as Sohar Port of Oman is increasing connectivity with the world.
With more projects to be announced in the coming months, the importance of integrating existing technical capabilities and information into a framework for GCC marine data infrastructure rises.
Organized by Advanced Conferences & Meetings (ACM), the first of its kind in the region, Marine Data Infrastructure GCC conference will bring together marine data management experts, regulators, maritime sector stakeholders and technology providers to discuss ocean monitoring and data collection techniques, best practices and the latest technological advancements.
The conference will be held on 15-16 February 2016 in Dubai.
Top reasons to attend
• LEARN about the latest regulations and national strategies for marine data management and ocean monitoring technology implementation across the GCC
• NETWORK with government representatives, offshore oil & gas, marine and coastal construction experts, underwater telecommunications, naval and transportation industry stakeholders and project leaders, local researchers and international maritime community
• PARTICIPATE in discussions on challenges associated with data collection, technology integration, and operational implementation
• DISCOVER new opportunities resulting from the GCC’s latest project and joint venture announcements
• GAIN a competitive advantage in the region’s marine data management sector by showcasing your solution to buyers
For further information please call +971 4 361 4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org