A group of factories in Dammam 2nd Industrial City was recently inaugurated by Dr. Tawfeeq Al-Rabea, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Industrial Property Authority (Modon), paving the way for further industrialization in the Eastern Province.
He also opened the Administration Building of Dammam 2nd. Industrial City, which houses the administration and customer service center, to provide various services including Certificate of Origin, and other related services from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Labor Office and the Passports Department.
Following are the opened factories:
1. Welson Middle East Pipelines Co. Ltd., with a production capacity of 300,000 tons and a capital of SR67 million. It has 226 employees, 95 percent of them are Saudis.
2. Extension Pipeline Factory. With a capital of SR140 million, it has production capacity is 50,000 tons. The factory area is 66,000 m², with 240 employees, 38 percent of them are Saudis.
3. NAPCO Vehicle Packaging Co. Factory. It has a capital of SR35 million and production capacity of 23,000 tons. It employs 224 workers, 23 percent of them are Saudis.
4. Industrial Contracts Factory (INCO) for doors, frames, cabinets and kitchens. It has a capital of SR32 million and employs 97 workers, 21 percent of them are Saudis.
5. Future for Ceramics and Porcelain Factory. With a capital of SR500 million, its output capacity is 9 million m². It employs 301 workers, 16 percent of them are Saudis.
6. Fahd Al-Thunayyan Chemical Products Factory. Built with a capital of SR30 million, its output capacity is 36,000 tons. It has 44 workers, 13 percent of them are Saudis.
The Saudi Gazette