Non-governmental organization CR Group announced that it has started the construction of a 500-unit housing complex in the Metn area, Lebanon. The NGO was created with the aim of providing housing units for affordable prices for locals.
The project goes under the title ‘Badak Beit’ or ‘Do you want a house?’
CR Group’s main goal is to develop housing complexes across all cazas. The houses be sold for the prices of construction costs. Commercial stores will be integrated within these developments and sold in order to cover other expenses such as infrastructure. The planned complex in Metn would be made up of some 70 buildings and up to 500 units. Built up area for residences will reach 60,000 m2 and will cover 30% of the plot while the rest 70% will include landscaped areas, roads, playgrounds and parking.
Small to medium sized apartment with sizes as follows: 80 m2, 100 m2, 120 m2, and 140 m2 will be built and sold for $47,000, $76,000, $97,000, and $118,000 respectively.
All residential buildings will consist of four floors and parking will be located in outside areas.
The Central Bank (Banque du Liban) has expressed willingness to support the initiative, according to CR Group.