Lebanon launched a $2.2 billion sovereign Eurobond, the largest single issue in the history of the country, Finance Minister Ali Hasan Khalil said.
The issue will be divided into two categories: the first is for $800 million with 10 year maturity and 6.2 percent interest. The second is for $1.4 billion with 15 year maturity and a 6.65 interest rate.
Foreign investors have subscribed to 15 percent of the issue and Lebanese are covering the remaining 85 percent.
Lebanon's economy is expected grow by 2.5 percent in 2015, Khalil noted during the news conference.
He also said the country would still need an additional $2.2 billion to cover financial needs for 2015 and that the public debt would increase to $68.7 billion from $66.5 billion after the latest Eurobond issuance.
The Daily Star