Middle East’s construction industry witnessed some of the biggest contract wins in July 2019, and contractors from across the globe — including US’ McDermott; UAE’s ASGC and China State Construction and Engineering Corporation Middle East (CSCEC ME); Italy’s Saipem; South Korea’s Hyundai Engineering and Construction (E&C); and India’s Nuberg EPC — bagged work on the region’s megaprojects at the beginning of H2 2019.
Among the projects for which contracts were awarded in July 2019 were Saudi Aramco’s Marjan and Berri oil fields; Dumat Al Jandal; Abu Dhabi’s Jubail Island; Dubai Cruise Terminal; Middle East Oil Refinery; Emaar’s Marina Vista; Adnoc; Aldar’s projects in Abu Dhabi; and Expo 2020 Dubai’s Canada Pavilion.
The Middle East’s top construction contracts of July 2019 were:
1. ASGC wins the contract for Meraas’s Dubai Cruise Terminal
2. McDermott, Saipem, Hyundai E&C win contracts for Saudi Aramco’s Marjan and Berri oil fields
3. CSCEC ME wins the contract for Emaar’s Marina Vista in Dubai
4. Denmark’s Vestas, India’s CG win work for Dumat Al Jandal
5. Société Cherifienne d’Fertiliser-Chimie awards contract to Nuberg EPC
6. Siemens wins the contract for Iraq’s 840MW Maisan power plan
7. Ellisdon wins construction contract for Expo 2020 Dubai’s Canada Pavilion
8. Technip FMC awards contract for Middle East Oil Refinery to KNM Group
9. Zaid Al Hussein wins King Abdullah International Gardens contract
10. Trojan, ACC, Ghantoot wins contracts for Aldar projects in Abu Dhabi
Construction Week Online