Over the next four years, Morocco’s Ministry of Energy will work towards meeting the government target of 6,000 MW of electricity generated by renewable energy with expected projects in the pipeline valued at USD 13 billion.
Morocco's booming renewable energy market represents an unprecedented opportunity for business in the MENA region and an appealing market for foreign investors.
Morocco Solar, Wind & Hydro Projects 2016 Conference will bring Morocco’s government representatives, international developers, contractors, financiers and other industry stakeholders to discuss the requirements and strategies for the successful financing, designing and constructing solar plants in the country under its renewable energy agenda.
Using natural resources
• Total investment in solar energy projects is estimated at US$9 billion, with four upcoming concentrated solar power stations to be constructed as public-private ownership.
• Morocco’s onshore wind potential is estimated at 25,000MW. The current wind capacity is 480MW. To reach the target of 2000MW by 2020, the authority is studying offers for 850MW now.
• Morocco’s current installed hydroelectric power capacity is 1,700MW. Two plants of 175MW and 350MW are expected to be constructed in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
Morocco Solar, Wind & Hydro Projects 2016 will host a large number of high-status speakers among which we can mention:
– H.E. Hakima El Haite, Delegate Minister, Ministry of Environment
– Eng. Zohra Ettaik, Head of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department, Ministry of Energy Mines, Water and Environment
For further information about the conference, please visit www.moroccoswhprojects.com
There are currently sponsorship opportunities available for manufacturers and solution providers to showcase their products and services. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 3614001 to find out how your business can benefit from this opportunity.