May 2020 saw several countries across the region announce ease on restrictions surrounding COVID-19 pandemic. This move comes as most sectors try to get back on track, and the region’s construction industry follows suit.
Some of the major contracts were awarded to key players in the industry including McDermott, Target Engineering, Fluor, Averda-SNS JV, Petrofac, among others.
From Saudi Arabia’s The Red Sea Project to Abu Dhabi’s Aljurf, Iraq crude oil project to Egypt’s Fayoum wastewater expansion program, contracts were awarded for these projects.
The Middle East’s top construction contracts of May 2020 were:
1. US’ Mcdermott wins EPFC contracts for 38 tanks across Saudi Arabia
2. Al Dhabi Contracting wins main contract for IMKAN’s AlJurf
3. Bahrain Works Ministry picks Burj Mushraf for Tubli Educational Garden
4. Target Engineering picks Penspen for Zirku Satah slug catcher project
5. NUSANED, Schmid Group JV to build battery making facility in Dammam
6. Fluor bags contract for AGIC’s propane complex in Saudi’s Jubail
7. TRSDC awards waste management contract to Averda-SNS joint venture
8. Dubai’s EBS awarded steel structures contract within Dubai CommerCity
9. McDermott wins tech contract from Saudi’s Advanced Petrochemical
10. Petrofac wins contract extension with Basra Oil on Iraq crude oil project
11. Stantec to work on Egypt’s Fayoum Wastewater Expansion program
Construction Week Online